Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using rigid links to connect two structures

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
584 Views, 2 Replies

Using rigid links to connect two structures

Hello,

I have two containers that will be placed side by side on 3 rows of concrete columns. They will both sit on the central row of columns.

I placed a rigid link with all direction blocked with the top of the concrete column as "Master node", and linked the structures.

The structures are also joined at the top with bolts oriented on Y direction, so I placed isolated nodes at the top between the structures, and considered them Master Nodes, and added a rigid link with RY free. Then I used "RLINK elements" algorithm for solving.1.jpg2.jpg

Is this a correct model? I attach the model and some pictures.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes. If the connection between the 2 containers at the bottom is fully rigid , that is correct.

At the top , you don´t need the node at the middle. Choose one side to be the master . Results will be the same

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
eear_gabriel
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Can you explain me please, why you released Y direction at the top? Does that mean the bolt cant work in tension and compression?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report