Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time history analysis results are zeros

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
315 Views, 4 Replies

Time history analysis results are zeros

Hi all

I have a model for a simple beam with knocking forces. I implement a model for that, I followed the procedure from a video to add the values of the forces (acceleration and time) to it.

I think I define all the parameters alright, but the results of the deformation and forces are zero!

Do I miss something? Appreciate your help

Attached is my model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mustafahesenow
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

in order to assist correctly please explain to us in details about your case and scope and the natural of the body force the one you want to apply it (is it mass or force and where to apply it )

Mustafa Hesenow
Senior Structural Design Engineer/MZP
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mustafahesenow

Hi @mustafahesenow

What I have is a simple aluminum beam with two supports (dimension and section already inserted in my model).

In case 9 (Time history analysis) on my model I entered the measurements from the accelerometer (time ... acceleration) which they are measured in direction Z.

These measurements have been taken after knocking on the center of the beam.

Message 4 of 5
mustafahesenow
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

how much the value of knocking force?

Mustafa Hesenow
Senior Structural Design Engineer/MZP
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mustafahesenow

@mustafahesenow

The value of the knocking force is unknown. 

what I am trying to achieve is how much the deformation until (any type of dynamic forces), in other words (how the beam behaves under these types of loads).

It's similar to earthquake (seismic forces) principle and how the structure will behave under these forces.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report