Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tension in column

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
887 Views, 4 Replies

Tension in column

please let someone explain to me how I should solve this problem as soon as possible. see attachment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hi guys

can someone explain to me how I should solve this problem. see attachment.

Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

This is not a problem but just the information that some of load cases caused tension force in the column. The intention was for a stand alone module when (especially a new Robot user) accidentally defines load with the opposite sign. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks. but could you please explain to me what to do?

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

If the tension force is justified (it is one of the load scenarios you expect) then just ignore this message as the calculated reinforcement is capable of transfer it (and the warning is just informative). If there should not be any tension force in the column then check the applied loads or results of the static analysis of the model to determine why this happened.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report