Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strip foundation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1065 Views, 4 Replies

strip foundation

Hi,

related to modelling of concrete strip foundation please advice me in appropiate way of modeling. Before I go to bigger projects I want to be sure in results on a simple models.

I read 5 webinar and continuos footing is described in sense of design in separated module.

Somethimes I want to to analyse foundations on 3D model to see uplift and force redistribution.

In tutorial writes:

Elastic coefficient may be applied while defining the following.

• Elastic support - this is line support and there is an option of linear rigid support with possibility of uplift, but with no possibility to add elastic stiffnes. And there is elastic support with possibility to define stiffnes but I am not sure is it with uplift or not. Uplift is important if we have horizontal forces. 

• Bar elastic ground - I really don't know how to add this option - on the bar as beams, on line supports. Only works on the bams, but again if we have horizontal forces there is a problem with calculation.

• Panel elastic ground - I tried to model strips as panel with aduqate depth and it works. It is easy to define uplift and simulate ground stiffnes.

I am sending you simple model. Walls are masonry, panel with reduced E. That effect shouldn't be a problem.

Please check soil reactions in maps.

From that 3 approach which you preffer. 

Best Regards

rm

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

• Elastic support - this is line support and there is an option of linear rigid support with possibility of uplift, but with no possibility to add elastic stiffnes. 

You can do this in the following way:

elastic linear support with uplift.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

thank you for answer.

If I understand you well we combine in this support definition window option rigid Uz+ and elastic value Kz (K times width of strip).

Does this mean that we can combine also other values in window in a similar way. For example rigid + gap or rigid + nonlinar value.

And just please short explanation where is practical application of bars on elastic ground. 

Regards

rm

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand you well we combine in this support definition window option rigid Uz+ and elastic value Kz (K times width of strip).

Does this mean that we can combine also other values in window in a similar way. For example rigid + gap or rigid + nonlinar value.

Correct.

And just please short explanation where is practical application of bars on elastic ground. 

From RSA 4th webinar:

cf11.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report