Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress in Section Module

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
t.sautierr
332 Views, 3 Replies

Stress in Section Module

Artur, Rafal,

I currently performing a (simple) study on a complex section (hot rolled jumbo profile encased in a concrete mega column). For now, I just want to be able to have a distribution of constraint with the hypothesis of continuouns linear strain -> ok if I am in compression everywhere but if I put a sole bending moment, RSA is calculating traction stresses in the concrete, is there a way to integrate to disregard traction in the concrete?

Is there also a way to accelerate graphical display, it just so long .....

Thx.

File attached

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Thomas,

You cannot disregard tension in concrete in the Stress Analysis in Robot but as far as I know thjis is what is done in Autodesk Structural Bridge Design

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Are you advising me to purchase  Autodesk Structural Bridge Design 🙂

So no solution even if defining a new material with non linear properties ? I assume this because the stress analysis is performed on the basis of rdm formula ? no further calculation except the geometrical properties of the defined section?

Message 4 of 4

The point is that in Robot you cannot define such material. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report