Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stories displacements and API

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
LuisCRodrigues
708 Views, 7 Replies

Stories displacements and API

1 - I want to get all the stories displacements using API.

With IRobotStoreyDisplacements fields, I can get DrUx, DrUy, MaxUx, etc.. but I can´t get the average displacement of floors (Ux, Uy) neither the drift ratio (drx/h, dry/h). How can I get them?

2 - In a seismic case with CQC, RSA calculates the storey forces for each vibration mode and then calculates the CQC of them to obtain the final force.

For the storey average displacements (Ux and Uy) and drifts (drUx and drUy) does RSA uses the same criteria?

3 - The stories displacements are calculated in wich point? In point G (Coordinates of the center of gravity of story), point F (Coordinates of the center of gravity of story slab) or in a point with the X and Y coordinates of G and Z coordinate of F?

4 - Is it possible to get the calculated values for storeys for each vibration mode in a spectral case?

I have made a single post with all the questions because I think they are too related.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

1 - I want to get all the stories displacements using API.

With IRobotStoreyDisplacements fields, I can get DrUx, DrUy, MaxUx, etc.. but I can´t get the average displacement of floors (Ux, Uy) neither the drift ratio (drx/h, dry/h). How can I get them?

Example by dumping Stories table \ Displacement tab

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim RobApp As RobotApplication
Set RobApp = New RobotApplication
Dim t As RobotTable
Dim tf As RobotTableFrame
Dim path As String
Dim Fullpath As String
Dim FName As String

path = Environ$("temp")
Dim nTables As Long

Set t = RobApp.Project.ViewMngr.CreateTable(I_TT_STOREYS, I_TDT_DEFAULT)

Set tf = RobApp.Project.ViewMngr.GetTable(1)
        FName = tf.Window.Caption
        spacepos = InStr(1, FName, " ")
        If spacepos <> 0 Then
            FName = Left(FName, spacepos - 1) + "_"
        End If

tf.Get(3).Window.Activate
            Set t = tf.Get(3)
            tf.Current = 3
            tabname = tf.GetName(3)
            tabname = Replace(tabname, " ", "_")
            DoEvents

Fullpath = path + "\" + FName + tabname + ".txt"

t.Printable.SaveToFile Fullpath, I_OFF_TEXT

ansifilepath = Left(Fullpath, Len(Fullpath) - 4) + "_ansi.txt"
X = Shell("cmd.exe /A /C TYPE " + Fullpath + " > " + ansifilepath, vbNormalFocus)

DoEvents

For Iii = 1 To 10000000
aaa = Iii
Next Iii

Workbooks.OpenText Filename:=ansifilepath, DataType:=xlDelimited, Semicolon:=True

MsgBox "Dumping finished"

Set RobApp = Nothing
End Sub

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8

4 - Is it possible to get the calculated values for storeys for each vibration mode in a spectral case?

No.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 8

3 - The stories displacements are calculated in wich point? In point G (Coordinates of the center of gravity of story), point F (Coordinates of the center of gravity of story slab) or in a point with the X and Y coordinates of G and Z coordinate of F?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-890C3B44-F7EE-4BB1-8C39-19F445B5B94E

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8

2 - In a seismic case with CQC, RSA calculates the storey forces for each vibration mode and then calculates the CQC of them to obtain the final force.

For the storey average displacements (Ux and Uy) and drifts (drUx and drUy) does RSA uses the same criteria?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-890C3B44-F7EE-4BB1-8C39-19F445B5B94E

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 8

Rafal,

Thanks for the replys.

But regarding question 2, it's important to clarify the method used by RSA.

There is a big diference between calculating an effect for each vibration mode and then calculate the CQC of them or calculating an effect with values obtained with a CQC.

RSA Help is clear with the method of calculating forces:

"- Reduced forces for a whole story, and for columns are calculated separately for each mode.
       - The reduced results for modes are combined into mode combinations for a whole story and for columns"

This is what is expected to be.

Regarding de displacements, in RSA Help it says:

"As an example, the averaged displacement in the X direction, UXF = SUM(i) (UXi * Wi) / SUM(i) Wi, where

the UXi is the displacement of the UX gravity center of the i-finite element, the Wi weight of a finite element."

The question is:

Does RSA makes calculates UXF for each vibration mode and then makes the CQC of them?

Or RSA calculates the CQC of UXi in each finite element and then calculates UXF?

Analogous for the drifts:

Does RSA makes calculates the drifts for each vibration mode and then makes the CQC of them?

Or RSA calculates the drifts with the average floor displacements obtained with CQC?

Message 7 of 8

RSA makes calculates UXF for each vibration mode and then makes the CQC of them
RSA makes calculates the drifts for each vibration mode and then makes the CQC of them

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8

Thank you Rafal, your help is priceless!

Just a wish for the future:

It should be possible to get Ux and Uy stories displacements using API.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report