Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Design Buckling Check

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
706 Views, 7 Replies

Steel Design Buckling Check

Hi,

Could anyone tell me why Robot sometimes does not perform buckling check in the steel design module? I am checking members to Eurocode, and have the same member type and properties assigned to a number of bars (i.e. same buckling length coefficients etc.) yet it carries out the buckling check on only some of the members?

I have had this problem with several models so I don't think the problem is isolated to a single model.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

No axial force in member or buckling check turned off.
IF it is not the case please send us the file and write which member to check

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you, axial force is very small so this must be why Robot does not check buckling for these members. 

Message 4 of 8
daniel.peel

I have a model with adjacent, similar members, one of which gets checked for lateral buckling and one of which does not. They are loaded to a similar degree. The members are only lightly loaded but i would like to understand why the difference occurs - how does Robot 'decide' to carry out the check or not?

danielpeel_0-1684781704881.pngdanielpeel_1-1684781740794.png

These particular members appear to be in tension as well so im not sure why the buckling check is carried out at all?

Can anyone help?

Message 5 of 8
JohanDuPlessis

@daniel.peel kindly attach your .rtd file.

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your reply.

danielpeel_0-1684826257692.png

I cannot attach the model - i just get the message above. I dont understand the problem as its saved from a licenced version of RSA.

Regards

Dan

Message 7 of 8
JohanDuPlessis

@daniel.peel zip the file first and then attach it.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks.

The model probably doesnt follow good practice - i am in the process of checking it - i am just interested to understand how the 'design' modules function as they have the potential to save me a lot of time - but only if i am comfortable using them.

Regards

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report