Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability of retaining walls

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Djokaboris
145 Views, 0 Replies

Stability of retaining walls

Hi everyone;

Currently analysing a retaining wall of height=5m, surchage=30kpa, friction angle=29, unit weight of the soil=15Kpa  to find out the maximum force for each combinaison.Robot have already applied soil pressure on the wall but i'm now running into some  issues

1)I've consider the soil pressure as the permanent and the surchage as the variable action. But now after running calculation, robot comes out with a warning saying loads are intersecting. Is that something to consider?

2)Need also to apply the resultant surchage(Q) on the soil but since the  soil doesn't appear on the RSA interface, How to apply it as a live load?

3)Also automatic load combination. Especially the results that comes out ELU, ELU-ELU+. I've come out with a table for the definitions of those combinaison but this doesn't give thesame result theoritically? Except if i'm wrong.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report