Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
595 Views, 7 Replies

Space load

Dear support,

quick question about loading feature: I'm dealing with an offshore substation structure. It carries self-weights and wind loads from a topside structure at 4 nodal points (e.g. have a loko at the link below). The load varies depending on the mass centre of gravity. Is there any way to apply such load at specific X-Y-Z locations and let ROBOT find the distribution to the 4 support nodes. In essence it is like definining several nodes out in space which are rigidily connected to the 4 nodes. Such approach though would be too onerous in the case of various centre of mass locations.

http://www.maritimejournal.com/__data/assets/image/0016/501811/WinP-4.jpg

The function I think about is basically what is called space load in SACS software. 

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/chimney-foundation-design/m-p/3671782

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi not quite as the suggested post.

My point is that I would like to apply wind load pressure to all four sides of my top side structure (see picture for reference). In principle I would like to be able to create a "dummy block-looking" strucure simulating the topside to which four faces I can assign wind pressure distributions. The point is to have ROBOT to find the load distribution down to four reation points. Can cladding due this? Any suggestion? I attach the model too in case you could provide me with an example. I would apprea

Regards.

Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

wind.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

HI Arthur,

I kind of like both solution, thank you.
Now I come with another quick question on stage analysis.

The thing is that I would built this topside structure to only deal with wind load and I'm happy that the stiffeness of the panels will introduce axial load into the beam (free flexure is prevented). Instead the self weight reaction loads are introduced as point load to the four corner points and during installation . Now the presence of either rigid links or panels would introuce axial force in the beam as free flexure is prevented. This is not the real case as the whole topstructure can slide before full blockage.

Can I define some sort of stage analysis (phases) where the panels (or links or eventually stiff beams) are not active for say load case 4 whereas they are active for all other (winds) laod cases?

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/load-sequencing-construction-stages/m-p/4568...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Arthur,

I looked into the link but I can't quite get how the phase works. I have introduced bar 40 and 41. I have also intoduced a new load case 6 which is the same as 4 (I would use the latter for comparison). Now the point is that I would like to associate the phase definition (which I already did - all structure minus the bar 40 and 41) to load case 4 (which I think I did while defining it). How to double check which load case is assicuated to the phase? I could run the analysis but I do not think the phase is taken into account in any way. The point is that I'll have say 5 load case to which I would like to associate the phase and then combine it with other load cases to have the final load combination.

A quick video of how to define the case, run it and combine it with other load cases (just say 4 "phase" + 5)  would be crucial and appreciated. 

Thank you if you can help me with that.

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report