Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some doubts about footings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
arnauft
314 Views, 3 Replies

Some doubts about footings

Hi everyone

I have 3 doubts regarding footings:

1. If I select the analytical method to compute the soil stress capacity, how can I know the exact formula that is being used? I guess it is Terzaghi's or something similar, but I would like to be sure of what it is.

arnauft_0-1620048651534.png

2. If I select several nodes in order to create their footings, I understand that all of them are computed at the same time and Robot returns only one footing design by considering the worst cases among the selected nodes. Therefore, that design will be suitable for all the nodes but it will also be conservative for the less loaded nodes. Is this correct?

3. Is there any way of designing the following type of footing? i.e. is it possible to set the eccentricity such that one side of the footing coincides with one side of the column?

arnauft_4-1620049359735.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Krzysztof_Wasik
in reply to: arnauft

Hi @arnauft 

ad1. Soil stress capacity calculation formulas are available in Robot Help

ad2 Yes, you are right. Design procedure for group of supports results in conservative results for less loaded nodes.

ad3 Pier cannot be defined at the edge of the footing, but you can leave small distance (1 cm) to simulate similar geometry.

Capture.PNG

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 4
arnauft
in reply to: Krzysztof_Wasik

Thank you for answering @Krzysztof_Wasik 

Regarding the last question, did you define the location of the pier by defining the values 'ex' and 'ey'? If A and B are not fixed (letting Robot compute them), how can the position of the pier be defined without knowing what the final values of A and B will be?

Message 4 of 4
Krzysztof_Wasik
in reply to: arnauft

Hi @arnauft 

To obtain pier next to footing edge I have blocked both eccentricity and footing size

Krzysztof Wasik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report