Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Rebar Provided Module Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
shefypattambi
570 Views, 7 Replies

Slab Rebar Provided Module Error

Hello,

1) I have some problem with my First Floor Slab in my model. The required reinforcement area is shown near to the range of 450 to 565 mm^2 /m but when I got to the slab provided reinforcment module it is increasing drasticaly and I cant see the zone were rebar is less when I press As= Ar-At button from the plate and shell reinforcment box.

2) I have some kind of instability warning in my top roof. Can you please tell me how to rectify this kind of warning.

3) I have some curved column in plan. what is the best method to model such colum..? as a bar element or as a wall element..? If this columns are created by using wall element shoud I assign both bending+ compression/tension in Plate shell reinforcemnt type to this wall .?

Here is the link to my model

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6GA2wGIVm3YjhaaHdPZWdUZ2c/view?usp=drive_web

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

No Solution?Smiley Sad

Spoiler

Message 3 of 8

You may check if actually reinforcement has been placed in the indicated verification error points. It seems to me that it was and the errors are excessive. It seems that the shape of the slab may be the reason for it. You may consider simplifying the arches if possible to avoid such situations.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8

That was an excellent solution Mr. Artur. I did not realise  the possibilty of robot slab reinforcment module to check this kind of error. Thank you..I hope my required area reinforcment results are correct..?

I wish to get your opinion about my 2 and 3 question too..

4) Also in one of your webinar about slab modelling you were suggested to create the slab as panel by panel not a as a whole one panel to increase the accuracy of the result by elastic method. Is it applicable when modelling flat slab also..? 

Message 5 of 8

2)  I think it is due to short beams:

short beams.PNG

3). I'd rather model them as panels however mind that if you use the RC Slab design module for reinforcement design it will disregard buckling and slenderness effects.

4). Yes, it is. The idea is to create panels that match locations of supports (walls and columns). 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8

Thank you Mr ArturSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: shefypattambi

Please, how do you model curved beams in Autodesk Revit, and does it analyze well in Robot Structural Analysis?

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report