Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Structure Problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
552 Views, 3 Replies

Separate Structure Problem

Dear all,

I have recently started using Robot and have encountered a separate structure problem which I cannot trouble shoot. I have basically modelled part of a flat slab which I would like to analyse supported on columns and and internal wall which I have modelled with a pinned reaction support. I somehow keep on getting a separate structure problem when carrying out calculations. I have checked the separate structures in my nodes selection group tab and from what I can understand, the columns and the slab are being considered as separate structures by Robot. Any idea how I can get round this problem and could you please explain to me where my modelling mistake is? Please find attached a model of what I have described above.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Columns 20 21 36 37 are not connected with slab.

Columns 20 21  are not connected to each other.
Make BIG ZOOM near nodes 2 3 27

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
markjvlampad
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

hi Rafal,

I got same issue,

but mine is a big different, looking on the  robot model it works. but every time i run the analysis it shows separate structure. and when I go and check which node is separated it highlight all my nodes.

thank you,

mark

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: markjvlampad

Mark,

File please.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report