Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-Weight load case not converging with uplift Uz+

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
turkelie
678 Views, 3 Replies

Self-Weight load case not converging with uplift Uz+

I Modelled a small building using the 2020 version of Robot, and the uplift calculation for self-weight is not converging, dead and live loads converging, Opened the same file with the 2015 version (the last stable version of robot IMHO) and all static loads converged including self-weight. Work analysis and nonlinear parameter used in both version are the same. Can anyone help with this, I'm really looking forward to using the latest version. I've attached the model and a calculation screen shot. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: turkelie

I cannot help you on why 2015 is better than 2020 regarding converging ability , but you can make it work on 2020 version using these non linear parameters

nonlinear parameters.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
turkelie
in reply to: Rafacascudo

@Rafacascudo wrote:

I cannot help you on why 2015 is better than 2020 regarding converging ability , but you can make it work on 2020 version using these non linear parameters

nonlinear parameters.jpg

Thank you very much, I'll be more careful in the future while setting nonlinear parameters.

Message 4 of 4
turkelie
in reply to: Rafacascudo

As a follow up on this, I've added the proper combinations, where the self-weight is included convergence wasn't achieved even with the parameters you kindly provided, changed the parameters again to get it to work.

I think Autodesk should be made aware of this, self-weight case should converge with the default parameters, just keep the same 2015's calculation engine, is this too much to ask.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report