Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seismic Envelopes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
477 Views, 4 Replies

Seismic Envelopes

Hi, 

How do i create an envelope of load cases in Robot. 

Say i have EX, EX+ECC and EX-ECC. I have to get the envelope value of these load cases that i need to use in multiple combinations. 

SO how i create an envelope of above load cases?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

IMHO you should create combinations with all these 3 load cases and then display the envelope of the results for these combinations instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi, 

I am not interested in the results display of the load cases. 

I want to use the ENVELOPE value of the load cases to be used in the manual load combinations, that I am defining separately. 

Hence, the questions, is there a way to define an ENVELOPE in Robot, not an additive load combination. 

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

HI @Anonymous

You can't define envelope as a load case but you can display the envelope for the list of load cases instead. The same applied for combinations. If I correctly understand what you need to see it will be the envelope of the combinations in Robot. The advantage is that you can see the value in any point of your model without the need for recalculation of the model with the output set in such a way it includes this point.The same applies to the design when you need to determine the given value e.g. for live and dead loads from a combination separately as they get different coefficients for SLS check (e.g. timber design).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
mustafahesenow

Hi @Anonymous

You cant use the envelop as load case .

To use them quickly you can create automatic load combinations then see the envelop of these combinations. 

Mustafa Hesenow
Senior Structural Design Engineer/MZP
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report