Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 239
mustafahesenow
9300 Views, 238 Replies

Save Our RSA

Hi my friends,

To save RSA and to inform Autodesk that we really love RSA and its the best software ever and you need to keep developing it and improve it more and more.

I am trying to raise our voice and send it to the highest person on Autodesk to let them understand that they have to focus on RSA not to cancel it.

There fore I am trying to collect the voices from our lovely forum. If you are interested in this issue Please send me your feedback and

your contact details to my personal mail (mustafahesenow@gmail.com).

Name , work , your name on RSA forum, and personal mail, and your phone number.

Many thanks for your collaboration.

We love RSA and we will do our best to save it.

Eng.Mustafa Hesenow

Mustafa Hesenow
Senior Structural Design Engineer/MZP
LinkedIn

Tags (1)
238 REPLIES 238
Message 2 of 239

Dear Mustafa,

I'm probably the more interest in the world in Robot saving and developing, so I will raise my voice with you to let adsk know that this could be the best Structural Analysis Software all over the world....if only they will develop some little issues...

Forza Robot!!!!

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 239

I also hope that Autodesk listen to us all ,here in the forum  ,dedicated RSA users, and restart developing what could have become the best Structural software in the world ,if they kept Robobat steady development pace.

It will be a pity ,if Autodesk doesn´t open their eyes and avoid RSA going to trash bin in our computers.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 239
mathias_peron
in reply to: Rafacascudo

I'm a Robot user since my very first year of university and have been using it for the past 7 years. I have been in contact with other software on the market but none has the same ease of use. But today its lack of development makes me look for an other software. It needs serious updates. I hope to see improvements soon that convince me to keep it.

Message 5 of 239

Thank you guys,

Please to whom all who gave kudos dont stop at this step only 

and send me your details as well,

as much as we get people who support our vision our voices 

will raise louder.

All of us guys responsible so all of you send me ypur details.

many thanks to you.

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 6 of 239

Hi mustafahesenow

Great initiative! and I am definitely interested and more than happy to help in any way I can! 

Ed

Message 7 of 239

Many thanks Ed,

I am very happy that I got many friends from our lovely forum. 

Remember this guys we meet here and we talk here because of RSA.

Please do your best. 

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 8 of 239

Dear Friends in this great Forum.

Thank you Mustafa for your  good initiative.

I want to Talk Directly to Autodesk supports, developpers and leaders.

I am an old user of robot since Robobat  (more than 16 years) and All my design are done based on one software : Robot

(Under Dos Robot V6, Robot millenium, Autodesk Robot). All the other tools I used for the design are based

on the initial design done in Robot.

The acquisition of Robobat by Autodesk gave us hope to be part of a great company having big promotion to develop 

all kind of software making people do everything.

The first years are promotional (great Tools are  added: some steel connections,Wind simulation....) 

Meanwhile other good tools disappear without real alternative (CBS, spreadsheet calculator, Robot experts, Structural detailing...).

We hoped the integration of Robot in the BIM process (Revit, Advance steel, Dynamo...) may give us great tools in one package.

We are really surprised in the last years the stagnation of robot development with Autodesk Focus on other good softwares leaving us in fear of the future of the structural analysis and design with Autodesk!

To be honest you can see the continuous development of: Fusion 360, inventor, Revit, BIM 360....with great promotion and publication to encourage the use of BIM with the cloud based software (The 360 series).

Meanwhile there is a total absence of any structural improvement (except for tools included in Revit) for the analysis and design procedure.!

Autodesk:   Robot is the only structural software you have in your collection!

the other tools including in the other software (Revit, Advance steel...) are helping and extra Tools which need the use of the main structural software "ROBOT".

killing or stopping the development of the structural software will definitely kill all the BIM process you promote

(unless you intend the integration of third party structural softwares) .

The continuous development and improvement of ROBOT is more than required to keep the whole AEC collection alive.

We urge you to give us a clear strategy and road map for the structural analysis future development in Autodesk as presented in may other softwares (Advance steel, Revit, fusion360....)

Please take our opinions and suggestions  in serious, we are who trust deeply in this software and  are ready to help as we can in the improvement of Autodesk products.

Thank you again dear Mustafa to give me the opportunity to cry hoping our ideas make some resonance in Autodesk development movement!

Best regards,

Wassim Said

Message 9 of 239

Hi @wassim_said_said

Many thanks for your collaboration and for sharing your impression about RSA.

Waiting for you guys.

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 10 of 239

I've been using the robot for 6 years. I started using it because my father worked in the same company as @Rafacascudo and told me the amazing things he did with Robot.

I did not like the most popular structural analysis software in Brazil and I decided to bet on Robot. From the very first steps in the program I started to love it. I not only love Robot but also try to persuade my friends to use it. Today I see that Robot is gaining popularity in Brazil.

This week I gave a training about Steel Desgin using Robot to a huge company in Brazil and of course, the students saw the easy workflow and power of the software, especially in comparison with the most popular software in Brazil.

Save our RSA!

Message 11 of 239

Hi @CaioSaporito

Thanks for sharing your experience with us,

I would lie to get your detail on my personal mail to include your voice with us.

Many thanks my friend.

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 12 of 239
Refaat
in reply to: mustafahesenow

Dear all

I am here to in join my voice to you. We just need Auto desk company gives more interesting to Robot developing and taking all of the critical issues in their consideration especially in design calculation and design reports.

Since all of us looking forward to see always ROBOT in the top. 

Refaat

Message 13 of 239
mustafahesenow
in reply to: Refaat

Hi @Refaat

Many thanks for your Collaboration with us.

Awaiting for all of guys.Please stand with us and save our RSA.

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 14 of 239
teixeiranh
in reply to: mustafahesenow

I am with you my brother!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The most powerful force on the universe is compound interest.”
Subscribe me on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6G8OOp318Z1MFzJj5T8uWw
Message 15 of 239
mustafahesenow
in reply to: teixeiranh

Hi @teixeiranh

Thanks my brother.

good to see you here all of you my friends the RSA expert users.

Mustafa Hesenow
LinkedIn

Message 16 of 239

Well said Wassid, it is high time for Autodeskl to open its eyes. Realization of BIM models are anchored to its buildability, and how can you build a structure without "analyzing" it?

ARSAP is your precious child Autodesk!Take care of it.  DO NOT BUNDLE IT with other softwares! Leave it as its own package!

Again, thanks Mustafa for starting this thread.

Message 17 of 239

Hi @saclovitzky

ARSAP is your precious child Autodesk!Take care of it.  DO NOT BUNDLE IT with other softwares! Leave it as its own package!

You may want o look at the benefits (e.g. price) of the collection vs. a product purchased separately as you may find this actually being better offer for you especially when you use AutoCAD, Advance Steel and Revit too Smiley Happy 

https://www.autodesk.com/collections

Artur Kosakowski
Message 18 of 239

I agree with you Artur, pricewise you will get a good discount if you purchase the bundles but most of the time you do not need all of them.

Why not Autodesk should come up with this sort of promo,ie, 2 softwares for 12% discount, 3 softwares for 15% discount etc.

Generally, structural engineers needs only ARSAP and Autocad, others also are using REVIT(Tekla) since BIM modelling is the "fashion" nowadays.

Autodesk is a giant and an evolving business enterprise. I cannot count on my fingers how many softwares they had on their portfolios.

That is why, selling softwares on a bundles is a good idea to promote "less" popular softwares.

ARSAP have a solid customer base. Why not make it "optional" rather than obligatory to put it on a bundle?

Autodesk cannot blame the outpouring sentiments of the loyal users of ARSAP. That's why in my previous comment, if ARSAP is not a priority in Autodesk

why not give it back to its biologiccal parents - ROBOBAT!

Message 19 of 239

"Autodesk cannot blame the outpouring sentiments of the loyal users of ARSAP. That's why in my previous comment, if ARSAP is not a priority in Autodesk
why not give it back to its biologiccal parents - ROBOBAT!"

Couldn't agree more!!!!

Software buyers should be obliged to maintain or at least respect native Software's DNA . In ROBOT MILLENIUM case that was great and constant innovation with good new features year after year!!

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 20 of 239

Autodesk,

we love Robot!

Please, save it!!!!

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report