Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RobotResultQueryParams always returns "I_RQRT_DONE"?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
490 Views, 5 Replies

RobotResultQueryParams always returns "I_RQRT_DONE"?

Hi All,

I am trying to improve the speed of extracting Robot results using the RobotResultQueryParams approach. I have read through all the posts but cant understand why RobotResultQueryParams always returns "I_RQRT_DONE". Here is my code:

//Set the selection for all finite elements
            RobotSelection FESelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Create(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_FINITE_ELEMENT);
            FESelection.FromText("All");

//Set the selection for all load cases
            RobotSelection CasSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Create(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_CASE);
            CasSelection.FromText("All");

//set the selection for all panels
            RobotSelection PanSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Create(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_PANEL);
            PanSelection.FromText("All");

//set the selection for all nodes
            RobotSelection NodSelection = robApp.Project.Structure.Selections.Create(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_NODE);
            NodSelection.FromText("All");

//Fast Method
            IRobotResultQueryReturnType Res;
            RobotResultQueryParams RobResQueryParams;
            RobotResultRowSet RobResRowSet = new RobotResultRowSet();

RobResQueryParams = robApp.CmpntFactory.Create(IRobotComponentType.I_CT_RESULT_QUERY_PARAMS);
            RobResQueryParams.SetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_MULTI_THREADS, true);
            RobResQueryParams.SetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_THREAD_COUNT, 4);
            RobResQueryParams.SetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_SMOOTHING, IRobotFeResultSmoothing.I_FRS_SMOOTHING_WITHIN_A_PANEL);
            RobResQueryParams.SetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_LAYER, IRobotFeLayerType.I_FLT_MIDDLE);

//RobResQueryParams.Selection.Set(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_FINITE_ELEMENT, FESelection);
            //RobResQueryParams.Selection.Set(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_PANEL, PanSelection);
            RobResQueryParams.Selection.Set(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_FINITE_ELEMENT, NodSelection);
            RobResQueryParams.Selection.Set(IRobotObjectType.I_OT_CASE, CasSelection);

RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.SetSize(8);
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(1, 501);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_MXX
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(2, 502);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_MYY
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(3, 503);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_MXY
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(4, 492);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_NXX
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(5, 493);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_NYY
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(6, 494);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_NXY
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(7, 519);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_QXX
            RobResQueryParams.ResultIds.Set(8, 520);  //IRobotFeResultType.I_FRT_DETAILED_QYY

Res = robApp.Project.Structure.Results.Query(RobResQueryParams, RobResRowSet);

Problem is with the last line "Res =...."

Has anyone got any idea why this is as I have tried multiple combinations of selecting cases with elements, nodes and finite elements.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rsousa_
in reply to: Anonymous

That's a good sign. 😀

Now, you have all the results and you need to go thru then like this:

Dim ok As Boolean

ok = RobResRowSet.MoveFirst()
If ok = False Then Exit Do
While ok
' do something with  values and parameters

'RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(I_RPT_PANEL)

'RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(I_RPT_NODE))
'RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(I_RPT_LOAD_CASE))
'RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(1)) * 0.001
'...
ok = RobResRowSet.MoveNext()
Wend

regards

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rsousa_

I was expecting that it should return "I_RQRT_MORE_AVAILABLE"?

This is because the rest of my code is like this:

while (Res == IRobotResultQueryReturnType.I_RQRT_MORE_AVAILABLE)
            {
                bool ok = RobResRowSet.MoveFirst();
                while (ok)
                {
                    numCas = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_LOAD_CASE);
                    numFe = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_ELEMENT);
                    res_nxx = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(1));
                    res_nyy = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(2));
                    res_nxy = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(3));
                    res_mxx = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(4));
                    res_myy = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(5));
                    res_mxy = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(6));
                    res_qxx = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(7));
                    res_qyy = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetValue(RobResRowSet.ResultIds.Get(8));

//write to file here
ok = RobResRowSet.MoveNext(); } Res = robApp.Project.Structure.Results.Query(RobResQueryParams, RobResRowSet); }

I have forced the code to jump into the while (ok) loop by manually overriding Res to equal "I_RQRT_MORE_AVAILABLE". But when I do this, the code breaks down on this line:

numFe = RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_ELEMENT);

I get this error: "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: 'Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.'"

When I remove this line, the code executes perfectly! I want the line above to give me the finite element number.

On another note, the results come out in the following order: 1. load case 2. element. e.g.

Load     Element       Results......
  1         1          results here...
  2 1 results here...
  3 1 results here...
  1 2 results here...
  2 2 results here...
  3 2 results here...
etc...

I want the results to be produced like this:

Load     Element       Results......
  1         1          results here...
  1         2          results here... 
  2         1          results here... 
  2         2          results here... 
  3         1          results here... 
  3         2          results here... 
  etc...

Thanks a lot!!!

Message 4 of 6
rsousa_

In your first post if you get, if you get I_RQRT_DONE, then you already have all results. If you get I_RQRT_MORE_AVAILABLE then you get only a part of your results and you should call your function again to get the other part, and so on... see API manual that gives you this info...

RobResRowSet.CurrentRow.GetParam(IRobotResultParamType.I_RPT_ELEMENT)

I think it is not implemeted in API please see

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-query-fe-numbers-com-error/m-p/81... 

Regarding order, I don't know how to control that (nor if there is a way). So after I get all the results (in a transient matrix for ex...) then I reorder as I want and finally put the results in the final place...

Sorry for not helping you more... regards

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rsousa_

Thanks for the reply.

Surely there must be a way to get the finite element number for each of the results! Otherwise how do I know which finite element the results are for?

I’ll have to manipulate the results to get them into the right format then, which isn’t a problem.

Message 6 of 6
rsousa_

"Surely there must be a way to get the finite element number for each of the results! Otherwise how do I know which finite element the results are for?" That's a good question for developers 😁. Maybe @Rafal.Gaweda can help you with this!

In this example, it is not a problem because you are asking results smoothed within panel, so you only need to know the node and the panel.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report