Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Steel Design Combinations

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
449 Views, 3 Replies

Robot Steel Design Combinations

Hi,

Please see attached screenshots 1 and 2. 

for the steel design check i have defined the combination to be used. However, when the design is carried out the combinations used differ from the ones which was specified. i.e. 1*7, 1*4, 1*5. Are these load cases? if so why a loadcase is used for the design as i did not even define this? Can you please assist?

Thanks 

Farjad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

For SLS check according to EC3 you run two verification. One for the total load from a SLS combinations and the other for selected load types from this combination. For the latter Robot cannot refer to the combination itself so it 'extracts' the components that were used for this check so that you can see them.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Thanks for you reply.

The components you refer to are highlighted as 1*7, 1*4 etc as per my screenshot? is that correct? also as an example in component 1*7, the '7' represents a loadcase it has used to carry out the latter check? 

Thanks 

Regards

Farjad 

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Correct.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report