Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Grid display issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2704 Views, 4 Replies

Robot Grid display issues

I just had the Robot 2018 software installed and having some issues with the grid/model display;

The grid/model lines on the screen just disappears every time I try to model, making it almost impossible to model anything.

I have attached a screen plot of the display before and after I try to model. On the upper screen shot, the grid lines are visible, whereas on the lower one, (which is when I move the cursor onto the screen to try and model), the grid has completely disappeared.

Would appreciate it if someone can advise on how to resolve this, as I have not been able to work with it at the moment.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are not gridlines. That´s the structural axes.

If you want to work with gridlines in 3d than you should use this below

3d2d.jpg

And the cursor will remain always on the selected plane

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Let me ask why do you want to enter objects in the 3D projection which IMHO is not as easy as when you work in the selected plane. Could you tell me what would you like to create in this view?

Anyway, please check if making this settings and restarting Robot helps.

hardware acceleration1.PNG 

If one or more of these posts answered your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Arthur,

You are correct, i had to get in touch with the Robot support from the software supplier and that was the exact setting he did. The software is working alright now.

robot setting.png

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Hi Rafacascudo,

This is great, i didn't know about this function, looks very handy, thanks for sharing. The issue i raised has been resolved, it was a graphic display issue and i got a robot support engineer to resolve it. The solution is the one as given by Arthur in his post, that was the exact setting the support engineer did.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report