Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1098 Views, 7 Replies

Robot API with C++

Good Evening,

I want to use c ++ with Robot API.

I pasted into the code: #import "C: \ Program Files \ Autodesk \ Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2019 \ System \ Exe \ robotom.tlb" rename_namespace ("Robot_API") using namespace Robot_API;

but i can't create a struct RobotApplication.

When I debug, I have a message: error C2079: 'Robot' uses undefined struct 'Robot_API :: RobotApplication'

structure, classes and functions are available in the expansion, but I cannot even create the initial structure.

Please help, Thank you in advance.

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Stephane.kapetanovic
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Good afternoon,

unfortunately these links do not explain my problem.

@Artur.Kosakowski @Rafal.Gaweda

can you solve this problem?

Have you experience with c ++ with robot api?

What could be the reasons?

Message 4 of 8
Stephane.kapetanovic

Why especially use C ++?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Some say it's the best. I do not know if it's true.
So far, this is the only programming language I know a bit.
Do you suggest Dynamo or excell, C#?

Message 6 of 8
Stephane.kapetanovic

Yes. C#/Python/Dynamo/VB/VBA but it depends on the software you want to interest and the size of what you want to do.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

So which language / program for which size (large-small)?

Message 8 of 8
Stephane.kapetanovic

The simplest language is not the fastest and most complete for OOP.
Using C # or Python with Visual Studio are more functional for me.

For small programs that do not require the use of large data, VBA and presentation in Excel is better, and does not require authorizations from the IT department. For bigger, There is the possibility with other langage to create specific functions and to use them with DLLs in VBA or Robot.

Dynamo is great for graphicaly scripting features without expanding too much, but seems less harmonious when it comes to putting them together.

It depends of you also. The time you spend there and the plans you have.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/rsap-api-language/m-p/7987527

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-developpment/m-p/7791340

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/robot-api-vb-net-performance/m-p/1003...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report