Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot 2016 Load distribution wrong!!

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
704 Views, 7 Replies

Robot 2016 Load distribution wrong!!

Hi,

Please see attached simple frame with vertical and horizontal models. I have applied a two-way cladding over the surface and applied a surface load - wind 1 & 2. As you can see the load distribution is not correct and reactions are not as expected. The load distribution appears to be altering where the location of point loads (in dead load case) + internal node location where bars are.

I have carried out a simplified test model and it appears this confirms. Can you confirm if your understanding is the same and how do I correct this? I need it to produce correct results or the software is no use.

Please note this is an error which was is also in RSA 2015 - how can this not be corrected in 2016??

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understood you correctly you should not use Bar Force with Node.

bfnonode.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

This will work to resolve that error but what see below I have boxed in red the load distrubution generated automatically. As you can see this is still not correct. I have overdrawn in blue the correct diagram I was expecting.

I assume it must be because the of the midheight horizontal memebers added. Can you take a look at this?

Thanks

Problems.PNG

Message 4 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Split (Intesect) bars 1 3 6 9 with nodes 15to18

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

This worked but then I have two bars. Is there any other way as I assume I will have to create a super member for all these types then?
Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

I will have to create a super member for all these types then?
Yes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Daniels,

Please tell me how did you show the load distribution generated automatically? I have robot 2015.

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 8
Rafacascudo

View/display/loads/Forces generated automatically

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report