Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Revit<->Robot] Required member reinforcement issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RRufino
530 Views, 2 Replies

[Revit<->Robot] Required member reinforcement issue

Hello all,

On a robot model that became originally from Revit i'm geting, on required member reinforcement module, this remark "member calculations for this type are not performed". The problem is that i've no issues in other beams with the same type and structure object definition.original.PNG

tabela.PNG

Also, i'm losting confidence on this model because when i open it in repair model it looks like this:

repairmode.PNG

Please see file here.

Thanks in advance,

RR

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RRufino
in reply to: RRufino

I found out why the issue with required reinforcement module happens and it seems me a terrible problem about Revit/Robot interoperability. The "red" beams have same section name (aka label) that some columns (0.25x0.50) but i remind that the first ones are "structure object = beam" and the second ones "structure object = column...even so, on sections menu only appears rc column with this section. I conclude that required reinforcement module is looking for this beams as being columns...

11.PNG22.PNG33.PNG

Message 3 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

Hi @RRufino 

For reinforcement design sections of a concrete beam should be defined using the RC Beam section type whereas for concrete columns you should use the RC Columns one.

The blue elements on the model opened in the repair mode are due to story filter being applied. When you switch it off you will 'see all the model'. 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report