Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required theoretical reinforcement for slabs - shear reinforcement

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
skellyRSA2023
828 Views, 2 Replies

Required theoretical reinforcement for slabs - shear reinforcement

Hi,

I have a 250mm thick Rc slab supported on three walls, designed in the usual way within robot. The maps Qxx and Qyy indicate fairly large localised shear values at the wall supports in kN/m, which are on the limit of the slab requiring shear links. When I run the design of the slab in the required reinforcement module, it gives me the reinforcement required in the slab for bending etc. However will robot indicate Shear reinforcement required in some way? Other than running it through the provided reinforcement module which i think is for punching shear only? Is there a link to what rsa will check in the required theoretical reinforcement module? Any help would be appreciated. 

S. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi, from reading the forum posts it seems the robot does not check for shear reinforcement and this has to be done manually? Which i assume is still the case. If this is the case, what way is the best to read the shear results for a slab i.e. the shear results for maps Qxx and Qyy give localised areas which are generally the quite high, which are then shown as kN/m however is it better to just read the node reaction results and calculate a kN/m run shear on that basis? Or is there another i.e localised panel cut etc. Any comments on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

S. 

Message 3 of 3
ArunNDinesh
in reply to: skellyRSA2023

I have the same query. Is the normal shear check for slabs is updated in design module of RSA 2023?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report