Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC wall - reinforcement issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
808 Views, 5 Replies

RC wall - reinforcement issues

Hi all,

I am designing RC shear walls for a building. I have applied line loads on top of the surface (because they are distributed through the slab) but when I calculate the required reinforcement I am getting no results on the wall. In contrast, the supports do have reaction forces, which means the load is distributed through the wall. I've modeled the wall as an RC shell and the pile cap as an RC floor. I modeled the shear wall again from scratch in case there were modeling issues that I couldn't spot but I am still getting similar results. 

I have attached a screenshot of the situation and the model as well.

Any idea would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

As the wall is under compression you don't need required reinforcement. If you set the minimal reinforcement for the whole panel in the label assigned to the wall the map will show the minimal area there instead.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks for your response Artur. One more question then for a similar model. In this case I am getting excessive requirement for reinforcement at the bottom of the walls which seems unrealistic. I've set a rigid link at the top of the wall because there would be a slab which will restrain the walls from bending.

Any ideas for that?

Thanks a lot.

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

You shouldn't average forces for panels not being in the same plane. This has been covered in the 5th Robot webinar which i recommend you to watch.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/robot-structural-analysis-webinars/td-p/5523337

globally average forces.PNG 

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks a lot Artur. That makes more sense now.

Message 6 of 6
KingHoe.Yong

I am having trouble with with RC Wall Reinforcement Design as well, I've setup a 30 storey shear wall simulation and spring bases to simulate grillage of wall to wall with a bracing in between. when I start RC design and tried to set the preferences, it only allows ACI 318 and NF EN 1992 for RC Wall, my region utilize BS 8110 OR EC 2, hence I am forced to use NF EN. 2 issues, 1 is the code preferences. second issue is the reinforcement pattern, I am unable to save as or modify any items I've changed, please help.

issues rebar pattern.JPG

 I am using RSA ver 2020. last question is, I remember in one of your videos you've mentioned a discord channel, but I forgot to drop down the discord address and lost track of the video. Thanks for having a look

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report