Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC Column provided reinforcement: the element geometry is not supported by this module

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nkosana.ndlovu
381 Views, 2 Replies

RC Column provided reinforcement: the element geometry is not supported by this module

Greetings,

I am working on the provided reinforcement of a RC column. It is 300x300mm in cross section. In the required reinforcement, the calculations are all ok. I get the error "the element geometry is not supported by this module," when i am processing it for provided reinforcement. I have checked the solutions provided to similar error messages here , here and here . The column section is bigger than 20.4cm x 20.4cm.

I am designing to BS8110. The floor slab panel thickness above it is 200mm thick. The panel adjacent to it (as a vertical panel) is 230mm thick. I am attaching the model here below. the robot file is here Please help.Capture error message.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Hamad.gmc
in reply to: nkosana.ndlovu

Hi. Did you eventually find a solution to this problem?

Message 3 of 3

HI @nkosana.ndlovu 

Column 141 is very short (35 cm) and connected in top and bottom nodes to bems with height 50 cm. RC provided reinforecment module cannot simulate its geometry. Conected beams "covers" column height.

Krzysztof Wasik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report