Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with mesh of panels with not rectangular geometry

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
krumka.kasapova
106 Views, 0 Replies

Problem with mesh of panels with not rectangular geometry

Hi everyone!

I am trying to make a 3D model of a concrete structure. The canvas I use is extracted from Revit and certain geometrical discrepancies are present.

The structure consists of concrete walls (modelled as shell panels) stiffened with concrete frames (modelled as 1D-members - columns and beams) in two directions. When trying to make the mesh, the program executes the mesh quite randomly. Meaning that not always the nodes of two panels having common edge coincide, no matter if we talk about panels lying in one plain or panels perpendicular to one another. This happens even when I split the panels into fields as to account for each column or beams lying in the panel or for perpendicular panel in contact with the panel under consideration etc. I fix this by hand and I not sure it will work when the model is "ready to run".

Another thing is that to a certain moment the mesh takes into account the 1D-members which lie in the plane of the panels and the generated nodes coincide with the axis of these 1D-members AND splits the 1D-members into particles with end nodes coinciding with the nodes generated by the meshing. But that is to a (un)certain moment. After that the mesh is done but the 1D-members stay unsplit for no obvious reason. And this happens having set mesh options in an identical way.

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (6).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (5).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (4).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (3).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (2).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (8).pngAnd a third issue is that when splitting big panels into separate as to account for the common edges of neighbouring elements, the split is not performed properly - when cutting by ZX plane, the panel is cut by a vertical plane, but triangular opening appears. Can somebody give me a hand with understanding the logic of this? I am attaching several pictures which may be useful for understanding the problems.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report