Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening dwg file in RSA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrismcc
334 Views, 3 Replies

Opening dwg file in RSA

Hello,
We created a dwg file with grid lines and imported the file in RSA. We had checked both the locations in the x and y directions were accurate to 3 decimal places in autocad first. When we snap to endpoints in RSA the grid locations have 9 decimal places.
Why does this happen? Can we avoid this problem? Also the grids were within 100 metres of the origin.
Regards
Chrismcc
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: chrismcc

In tools/job preferences/units/dimensions ,you can set how many decimals you want.
Just select the grid lines and move them to the correct point

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
chrismcc
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Hello Rafael,

Thnak you for the reply, but that is not the issue.  The problem is that my autocad drawing has an x dimension say 1.234000000, i.e accurate to 3 decimal places, but when I import this to RSA and snap to the endpoint of the grid line, the dimension is 1.23456789 - RSA actually changes the dimensions.

Regards

Chrismcc

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: chrismcc

Could you attach this dwg file please? 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report