Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of anchor rods in Fixed and Pinned colmun base

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Hamza.BA
196 Views, 4 Replies

Number of anchor rods in Fixed and Pinned colmun base

Hello

I would like to know why Robot define fixed column base with two groups of anchor rods or more while pinned column base can be defined with two as well (Eurocode).

1) Pinned column

HamzaBA_0-1672868063157.png  HamzaBA_7-1672867630211.png

2)Fixed colmun

HamzaBA_8-1672867722864.png

-Regarding Buckling : in this example is it fixed around Z direction because we have more than two groups of anchor rods and Pinned around Y because we have only two groups , or is it defined fixed in both directions

HamzaBA_5-1672866625205.png

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

hi @Hamza.BA 

whatever you have defined in your releases, you must check your connections for their resistance but also for their rigidity. It is this last check that will give you the certainty of the degree of embedding of a fastener. do a test on one of your fasteners and check the before and after moments until it is fixed in its design. As a result, you can choose to continue with the elastic releases defined by your attachments or by choosing either an embedding or an articulation.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RSAPRO/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-DE9243A5-42AF-44A4-A624-10EA5004A38B

Best regards

Message 3 of 5

hi @Stephane.kapetanovic 

thanks for interaction, yes i should take connections rigidity in consideration, the only problem here is that i'm getting instability (3 type) in a node after the activation of the DSC Algorithm, should i ignore this instability warning because its 3 type?

you can find the model attached below 

Message 4 of 5

hi @Hamza.BA 

Concerning the embedments of column bases, the stiffnesses of your assemblies 1 and 3 indicate that you are in a semi-rigid configuration (not totally articulated and not fully embedded) and your assemblies with anchor rods very close do not satisfy the resistance citerias even with the updated forces resulting from the calculation taking into account the elastic releases so you must consider the embedding also in the small direction of the profile so space the anchor rods.

Review the general stability. 

12 78 80 86A90 151A155 330A351 nodes to be deleted

Review beams with ART-ENC releases, released in RX

Note :

1 - you could extend the bar 238 over the bar 60 and remove the bar 227

2 - 60 295 beam haunches to be removed (braces and haunches or too small, not clear)

Best regards

Message 5 of 5
Hamza.BA
in reply to: Hamza.BA

@Stephane.kapetanovic Thanks for help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report