Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
287 Views, 2 Replies

Need Help

Hi guys, I'm in desperate need of  you help, I'm new at the use of RSA. Am doing my semester design project. It consisting of a RC office block and  Elasto-plastic design of  steel workshop structure. When i run analysis calculations on my steel structure model, i get this errors & warning messages: No convergence of nonlinear problem case number= critical load is probably exceeded, instability type 3, and  separate structures. I've gone through the model over and over, i have tried adjusting parameter to no availSmiley SadSmiley Sad

About the RC structure, i get this isolated spots/patches with very spikes in reinforcement area when i run slab reinforcement calculations, it makes no senseSmiley Mad I also get failure in deflection.

I can't tell where i made mistakes with the models, please take a look at the models and advice, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

My first question is: WHY YOU HAVE TO USE NON LINEAR ANALYSIS FOR THOSE SIMPLE STRUCTURES?????

Remember this words: EASY PROBLEM = EASY MODEL, if you add complexity to an easy model you have the only result to loose the control of the results and no other.

Think always to simplify your models!!!

try to do it, cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Thank you Stefano, the reason for using nonlinear analysis is because i want to do a plastic design for the steel structure, i will attempt to simplify the structure, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report