Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
213 Views, 4 Replies

Mesh

Hello,

I have a question about the mesh quality. I have set a uniform mesh to be applied everywhere in the model.

I select all panels and apply Complex mesh generation ( Delaunay), element size 1, regular mesh, ok.

For some reason one of the 53 panels will not show the same rectangular mesh like others.

I'm not able to detect the error for this, the moments reading along the panel seems okay, but I feel there is something wrong.

I have added a snap

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Romanich
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to switch off regular mesh.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Romanich

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

It does work when i turn off the regular mesh, but what im really asking is does this mean i have an isolated node somwhere? or are some elements not connecting ? why would only this panel have a seperate mesh from all other with the same settings ?

Message 4 of 5
Rafacascudo

Good question , That always puzzled me. But looking at your picture ,it probably has to be with the geometry of the panel contour not being rectangular.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous 

Looking at the picture the panel indicated with the blue contour has got the Kang algorithm switched on.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report