Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass matrix is not positive definite

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
750 Views, 5 Replies

Mass matrix is not positive definite

@Rafal.Gawedaplease help. I'm getting the same error and i can't proceed with my calculations.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You have to create a model with accurate geometry and coherent meshes. I may not be able to move the walls so that they connect together next time. I'm attaching the corrected model.

Please watch the recordings of the 2nd Robot webinar where I explained the techniques for correcting such issues:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/robot-structural-analysis-webinars/td-p/5523337

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks @Artur.Kosakowski.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

@Artur.Kosakowski, one more thing please: how come the file you have sent me is smaller as compared to what i get after running analysis?

Message 5 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Hi @Anonymous

The file I attached was without results.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

This problem happened to me several times because of modifications to the model. I mean, I make substantial modifications by removing old elements and adding new ones, changing the loads, a lot of changes, and this is what leads to a clash in the definitions in the model. Through experience, I chose all the elements, Then I chose save substructure and then ran the updated file, and there was no problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report