Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual mesh adjustment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
889 Views, 3 Replies

Manual mesh adjustment

Dear support,

Incoherent mesh is one of the most popular warnings in Robot. There are many ways around it and one of them is manual mesh adjustment. I just wanted to know your opinion on this, is it one of the approved methods of solving this typical robot problem?

see ilustrated example below. red line shows the initial position of the triangular element edge and greena row shows how it was adjusted to make a logical mesh

mesh adjustment.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Incoherent mesh is one of the most popular warnings in Robot. There are many ways around it and one of them is manual mesh adjustment. I just wanted to know your opinion on this, is it one of the approved methods of solving this typical robot problem?

Yes, correct (of course panels shuould be froze before doing that)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Sorry for posting my question here, but could someone explain what does mesh freeze(unfreeze) stand for? I can't figure when it comes into play when dealing with meshing. Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

If panel (mesh) is frozen the panel will not be remeshed during Model Generation process

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report