Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Combinations for new Italy NTC 2108

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
StefanoPasquini6790
3091 Views, 10 Replies

Load Combinations for new Italy NTC 2108

Hy everyone, for all the ones that have to design something in Italy, I'm posting here the new rgl file for combinations according to the NTC2018.

You have to copy in the folder: C:\Users\WS\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2019\CfgUsr, and then load in Robot.

There are three different rules, equilibrium (EQU), structural (A1) and geotechnical (A2).

Enjoy

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi @StefanoPasquini6790

Thank you for posting it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 11

Good evening, I am trying to load into Robot the NTC2018 code, but I am not able to see it in the program.

Can you please indicate me the steps to load it?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 4 of 11

Hi @sbvHJCLF ,

for first, as I wrote, you have to follow this steps:

1. You have to copy the *.rgl files in the folder: C:\Users\WS\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2019\CfgUsr;
  2. You have to go in the tools-->job preferences, and go to --> Design codes --> Loads --> Code combinations, and choose More... option (see the picture below)Immagine1.jpg
  3. It appear the "configuration of code list", now scroll down until you find the NTC2018 codes rgl file, as shown in the picture below, and add to the right list with the "right arrow button": Immagine2.jpg
  4. finally you have the desired design code.

Hope I help you, let me know. Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Hi All , 

I am designing  staircase in a house in Italy , close to lake Cuomo. I have one engineer telling me it needs to be designed with imposed loads of 4 KN.  Another engineer involved in the project says that 2KN is enough as it's a house and not a multi home building. 

Does anybody agree with either?

Message 6 of 11
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,

you have to design with 4.00 KN/m², even for normal house staircases.

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 7 of 11

Dear @StefanoPasquini6790 and all Italian friends,

I have some doubt about the obligatory regulations for the calculation of steel structures in Italy.

Is the UNI EN 1993-1-1 (implemented in Robot) suitable for the calculation of steel structures in Italy, adopting the indications of NTC-2018 as the Italian National Annex?

Would it be legally acceptable? ...or the calculation and design of steel is different according to the instructions of the NTC 2018 "Norme tecniche per le costruzioni" (4.3. COSTRUZIONI DI ACCIAIO).

As far as I can see in a general overview, the steel part of the NTC 2018 seems to be a exact copy of the Eurocode, except for:
- Load combinations coefficients
- Partial material coefficients (gamma's)

Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 11

Dear @PABLO.SANCHEzZTKJ5 

I use everyday EN 1993-1 for steel structures (that is my job). The differences are in Seismic Calculation with capacity design (EC 1998 - Eurocode 8), for which, in case of DCH or DCM you have to use the plug-in Italy NTC-2008 Steel, to run the additionl design checks, but only in case of behaviour factor up to 1.5.

For all the other things, Eurocode and NTC2018 are alligned.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to contact me in case of doubts

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 9 of 11

Geat @StefanoPasquini6790, thanks a lot for your support.

Message 10 of 11

Hello everyone I'm trying to load italian loads combinations following the official autodesk excercise of the simple 2D frame, but when I want to generate the combinations this alert appear, can anybody explain what i'm missing? Thanks a lot!

Message 11 of 11

Dear Antonio,

It's a common issue that can accour when you change the design code, but it's really simple to solve, you have to back to define the relations between load groups.

If you need more instructions in italian language, don't hesitate to write me in a private message.

Goos luck

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report