Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Release - Unilateral

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RRufino
719 Views, 4 Replies

Linear Release - Unilateral

Hello,

Can you tell me how can i define a linear release with this conditions:

Ux + release

Ux - release

Uy + release

Uy - release

Uz + release

Uz - fixed

Rx + release

Rx - release

Because i can't see the the way to put at the same direction + plus - , like i need per example in Ux.

Best Regards,
Ricardo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

Assuming that by releasing both - and + you mean that the release works in both directions it is enough to mark Ux, Ux and  Rx check boxes on the linear tab of the dialog. The unidirectional is intended for either + or - (e.g. allows for uplift but works in the downward direction).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Right, but at unilateral tab, on the selection box i just have, blank, - way and + way.

Standing in blank means that is released at both ways?

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RRufino

Depends on what you marked on the linear tab. If you marked the check box then this d.o.f is released (both ways). If not this is the fixed connection. The unilateral tab is to be used only when you want to define the unilateral release (the check box on the linear tab will be unmarked).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5
RRufino
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur, i already understood.

I never thought that linear tab and unilateral tab were depent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report