Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit states cannot add combination loads to calculate

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
607 Views, 6 Replies

Limit states cannot add combination loads to calculate

When i came into this step, i can not add the combination load into calculation, i have to change the lists from 1 to 6.

is there anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

chuanyin_0-1625555246801.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
StefanoPasquini6790
in reply to: Anonymous

DEAR @Anonymous 

You have to select the ULS combinations (type 4to6), because Robot give you the opportunity to run the design of single load cases.

Unfortunately in ARSA 2022 there is a bug that delete the combinations label each time that you run the calculation, so you have to select them many times.

Hope I help you, cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

Hello, My question is when i select combination 4 and close, the ULS is still empty, it cannot by select to add,and just be added by manual input. what should I do?

chuanyin_0-1625727649845.png

Message 4 of 7
StefanoPasquini6790

Well @Anonymous ,

easy to solve, you have two way to test:

1_ digit manually the combination in the uls field (digit 4), or

2_check the nature of your combination, doing this:

1. Open the table "combinations";
  2. go to the label "edit"
  3. click the RMB and select column and add "Type of combination", this way you can check and change the nature of your combination, if it's not set to ULS change it.

One of this workaround it will work, if not share your model so that I can check it directly.

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: StefanoPasquini6790

It is better if you can share me some pictures of how to do it. I am a new learner. Thanks. attached is the file. by the way, manually input number 4 it is ok, but i want to know is there a way  no need to input to do , just select then it would be showed ? attached is the file 

Message 6 of 7
StefanoPasquini6790

Hi @Anonymous ,

I've just checked your model, it's alla ok, but I reported a Robot bug in your topic, that I noticed that happens for Manual combinations (in your case) such as automatic combination (I've done in your model).

The workaroud, waiting for an hotfix, is to type manually the combination list in the dialog field, in your case you have to digit "4to6" and Robot will run correctly the design code checks.

I don't know exaxctly which is the problem, but I told you the solution.

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 7 of 7

Dear Dev team and @okapawal , this topic have to be investigated. I reported the same problem in wood design.

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report