Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining 2 Thin-Walled Sections

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RRufino
461 Views, 5 Replies

Joining 2 Thin-Walled Sections

Hello,

I've one original section on my database (in attachement) that i want to use to create another one. This one results from a vertical mirror from the previous one (file final in attachement).

My goal in this moment is just to obtain the warping constant but i'm not sure if the file final.sec is correct to doing this. Also i was trying to edit adjust just the web thickness but i cant, because when i change it, i change in entire section thickness.

I tryed other way, creating a dxf with the ][ section, but i also can't have web thickness different from flange.

Can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: RRufino

My goal in this moment is just to obtain the warping constant but i'm not sure if the file final.sec is correct to doing this.

Results are correct - look at section Area

Also i was trying to edit adjust just the web thickness but i cant, because when i change it, i change in entire section thickness.

You have to import or create such section from pieces."Original" from 3 pieces \ segments, "Final" - 5.

3segments.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
RRufino
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Artur, i tried do make the same of you but i’m not trusting on results.

What I’ve made:

1-      Import dxf whithout web (see picture below)

2-      See number and coordinates of the point where I want to connect the section web

3-      Define line using those coordinates

4-      When i do zoom in to one corner I get what is in picture below (!?)

Is this correct?

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Ricardo,

My sec file attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
RRufino
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Sorry Rafal, i said Artur 😞

Can your explain me how you did it? Did you defined this section entirely on section definition?

Best Regards,

RRufino

Message 6 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

I used your original.sec file, removed some parts (web part was left, flange part left separately) then joined them , mirrored etc.

You can also try to play with sec file. Sec file is a text file.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report