Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Advanced Steel - ERROR

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
juan.castilloQTESQ
997 Views, 13 Replies

Integration with Advanced Steel - ERROR

Hi,

I am having an error while transfering my model to advaced steel for connection design, and cant find any solution for it.

thanks in advance.Integration Error.png

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi @juan.castilloQTESQ 

Could you please share Robot file for verification?

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 14

Sure, attached file, @Krzysztof_Wasik hope you can give solution to this soon.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 14

Hi @juan.castilloQTESQ 

I have managed to save SMLX file in Robot 2021 with Advance Steel link 2021. SMLX can be read in Advance Steel 2019

I get the same issue as you exporting file in 2019 and 2020.

I am sending SMLX file and AS 2019 model,

Please let me know if it will help

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 5 of 14

Yes, @Krzysztof_Wasik it opened the smlx file perfectly with results, by the way my Autodesk Collection is 2019 all of them (Revit, Robot & Advance - so i shouldn't have any problem in my workflow) why am i having this issue and will i keep getting it every time i export robot to advance... *Note: earlier this year i've exported a project (robot to advance) and i didn't get this error before!

Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 14

Hi @juan.castilloQTESQ 

It seems to be issue with Advance Steel link 2019 and 2020,

Maybe Robot updates  are in conflict with Addin.

The strange thing is that when I send results for single load cases one by one it is OK . While sending results for 5 load cases together I have this issue.

While sending model with no results everything is OK

I will ask my colleagues about that but it seems as issue for investigating by developers.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 7 of 14

Ok, good to know, and if there's an update regardin this error, please let me know.

Thanks, @Krzysztof_Wasik Have a nice day.

Message 8 of 14

Good day @Krzysztof_Wasik, how do you send only 1 load case from robot to advance? since client made changes i need to redesign my connections! I'm still havign this issue of exporting to advance with results 😞 (no problem exporting only model).

Thanks in advance

Message 9 of 14

hI @juan.castilloQTESQ 

I have managed to export model with one load case when I have removed the other load cases from Robot model.

Actually I have no good solution for that issue except of using Robot 2021 with Advance link 2021.

If you need model transfer and you cannot use 2021 I can do it for you.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 10 of 14

i've attached model for exporting,

thanks

Message 11 of 14

@juan.castilloQTESQ 

Modified file saved as SMLX and DWG attached

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 12 of 14

@Krzysztof_Wasik hello, once more i need your help transferings a model to design connections (i need combination results), i'm still having the same integration problem Robot 19' -> Advance 19', i'm sending file. 

Any solution from developers to this problem with the addin??!

Thanks in advance!

Addin Issue.JPG

Message 13 of 14

Hi @juan.castilloQTESQ 

Please find attached SMLX file. I do not have any information about Robot-AS 2019 link update.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: juan.castilloQTESQ

Hello guys, I'm also having the same problem with the integration. What could be the problem? Kindly assist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report