Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability of (type 1) detected in many nodes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bilalEUY2V
954 Views, 5 Replies

Instability of (type 1) detected in many nodes

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner to Robot and I'm encountering a great number of instability of (type1) which making the calculations take forever. It might also be to the number of nodes existent in the model. Is there something that I did wrong with the model? Could you propose any solutions please?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @bilalEUY2V 

Instability type 1 is reported when model is not stable. Members are not connected , model is not supported, too many releases is defined, so selected members/bodes can move. You have to check model geometry and correct it.

Please refer to 

Instability types

and different forum threads regarding instability type 1

You can also share model for verification.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your answer. Here is the model, I tried to join it to the main post but couldn't. My main problem is that the calculation is taking very long, almost every node has this issue. Is the instability problem related to that? or is it something else that is causing this issue?

I will join the model in this link because I'm not able to join it to this thread. https://we.tl/t-odhw185rSa

Message 4 of 6

Hi @bilalEUY2V 

It seems that model structure is corrupted

I have

-removed the mesh in your model

-opened your model in repaired mode (to repair file structure)

-deleted remained (isolated) nodes (your rigid - Diaphragme souple was deleted from model at that stage)

I am sending corrected model.

In that corrected model I would suggest to correct overlapped panels (all wall panels are overlapped by 30 cm).

Krzysztof_Wasik_0-1641485443995.png

Then you can try to proceed with meshing and calculation. 

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the correction. I did the modifications you talked about and it seems to work fine. Thanks again.

Message 6 of 6

Same issue but I can't find the reason behind but by changing the supports of shear wall it's got effected I have shared the link for checking and analysis purpose please help me to solve https://we.tl/t-9J1IQ6gJJK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report