Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Node coordinates from excel

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
skellyRSA2023
943 Views, 5 Replies

Input Node coordinates from excel

Hi,

is there anyway of exporting node co-ordinates from excel to robot, x y z, so as the node coordinates are generated in one collective input rather having to type them in individually in robot? As i find it tedious having to do all these individually, and its an easier way of defining model in robot as there are less errors in model when you just connect the dots so to speak.

simon. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @skellyRSA2023 

You can do so with the limitation being that the their numbering will be done automatically by RSA (you select and copy coordinates only). If you need to keep node numbers as defined by you then you need to use API or text (*.str) file instead.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Artur,

thanks. I am not to worries about robot numbering them. When you say "select and copy coordinates only" where and how is this done? From excel?

simon. 

Message 4 of 6

Hi @skellyRSA2023 

Yes, you create 3 columns with X, y and Z coordinates respectively in Excel and then you select these numbers and paste them into the Nodes table Edit tab.

If I managed to answer your question(s) press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solution(s) much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Message 6 of 6

Brilliant, Thanks both of you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report