Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

influence of concrete wall together with column in the same plane

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
287 Views, 3 Replies

influence of concrete wall together with column in the same plane

Hi Artur,

I modeled concrete column inside the walls. Actually walls are between concrete columns but for me was the easiest to model them in one vertical plane.

And just for self weight load I have tried to neglect influence of walls on the transfer of axial load. Axial load need to be only in columns for this case, and alslo later for horizontal loads depending from force distribution and stiffnes off each element (that is normal).

In reality wall is very  close to column but not connected. So it is normal to not neglect influence of wall to axial forces in columns from roof structure.

I tried to neglect those bars in model generation module but without adequate result.

Other possibility is linear releases  in wall panel (in local coordinate system I released X direction) and again not good results.

Could you please give me advice what is the best way to solve this problem when we have column inside or quite close to the wall but we only want that column take complete axial force. And also for later analysis the shape of bending moment diagram and sher diagram need to be without effect of wall. 

I attached my model.

Than you in advance.

Best Regards

rm

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

panel release Ux seems to work. You have to release(panel) just one side of the collumn.

Your model has no loads

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thank you for answer. The model has only self weight load, just for checking.

Again doesn't work. I tried to relaease one side of column, two side of column, but axial force is different.

I don't know how to neglect wall influence.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I solved the problem.I have to release Uz in slab connected to wall.

Now I have almost the same results of axial force or both sides.

Thank you again.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report