Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Section - slenderness ratio

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3027 Views, 4 Replies

Incorrect Section - slenderness ratio

Dear Sirs,

I'm working on this model which is a steel structure on the roof of a building.

When I run the analysis I get an "Incorrect Section" error when I see the code check of some steel beams on the roof of the structure, it happens because of the slenderness ratio.

Actually all those beams are restrained by the purlins, which I do not show in the model.

Is there any way to say to Robot that the top flange of the beams are restrained?

Thanks, kind regards.

Giacomo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually all those beams are restrained by the purlins, which I do not show in the model.

You may indicate their positions using the internal bracings dialog.

Is there any way to say to Robot that the top flange of the beams are restrained?

See the attached picture (the corresponding settings is marked in red)

I'd recommend watching the recording of the 3rd Robot webinar on steel design available from:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/robot-structural-analysis-webinars/td-...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Giacomo,

yes of course.

You just have to go to Steel/Aluminium design -> Steel/Aluminium member type -> create a new type -> fill the fields you want and activate lateral buckling analysis -> click on upper flange (or lower as you prefer) -> choose intermediate bracings -> insert the position of the bracings in the following field:

bracings.png

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks! I followed the instructions and everything is ok now. 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks Artur! I'll watch the video today to get to a better understanding. I solved the issue, by the way 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report