Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain Panel reaction output instead on FE nodes

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
puneet.gupta12
1120 Views, 16 Replies

How to obtain Panel reaction output instead on FE nodes

Hello everyone, I have applied the supports to Panel (Rigid, Uz). However, results are displaying reactions on FE nodes. Now, I need to obtain the reaction on the base for which I need to make sum of these nodal reactions but it is too huge work considering the numerous nodes and every time I modify model, I need to repeat this step. Is there any exiting tool/ trick to do this? Also, the direct summation will be be inaccurate in case of non linear analysis i.e. Seismic analysis. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Labels (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Simau
in reply to: puneet.gupta12

Hi @puneet.gupta12 

instead of using elastic support, use panel with foundation elasticity

Don't forget to delete elastic supportsThickness.png before applying new thickness

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
Refaat

As in the capture .

55.jpg

Message 4 of 17
Romanich

Hi @puneet.gupta12 ,

If you need to know the total, go to the end of the Reaction table:

Romanich_0-1616067770422.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 5 of 17
Refaat

Sorry about my previous post , I expected you need linear reaction .

In your case , click on the right button of your mouse to get the tables  then select ( Plates and shells)  as in the capture below .

022.jpg

Message 6 of 17
puneet.gupta12
in reply to: Refaat

Thank you. I followed your advice, but i am not obtaining any reaction. 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Message 7 of 17
puneet.gupta12
in reply to: Romanich

Thank you for your reply. This option is useful to check global reaction, but i have several panels for which i want to find the reactions. 

Message 8 of 17
puneet.gupta12
in reply to: Simau

I don't know the stiffness parameters of Foundation. I will try to follow your advice for a test in simple model to know how it will be working. Thank you.

Message 9 of 17
Refaat

You can get only the panel reaction as I mentioned if you used elastic panel support .

If you used (Rigid support under the raft ) then you can get the total panel reaction as Roman suggested. Snice you have different panels then you may defined your supports with different names  for each panel . Then you can get the sum for each one of them separate .

00666.jpg

Message 10 of 17
puneet.gupta12

@Refaat  Thank you very much for your help. So I went ahead and used foundation stiffness on Panels and deleted the supports. Now I can see the reactions on these panels but only in Static cases. Do you know how can I obtain the reactions in seismic cases and combined cases. See below snapshots. Best regards, Puneet

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Message 11 of 17
Refaat

Use this type of combination :

033.jpg

Message 12 of 17
puneet.gupta12

@Refaat Thank you very much for your help. So, I followed your advice , but I am still unable to obtain the reactions in seismic load cases. sorry but due to confidential information I can not share my main model, but i am sharing a simplified test model on which i usually makes tests. Thanks in advance for knowledge sharing and sharing your expertise. 

1.JPGCapture.JPG

Message 13 of 17
Refaat

Define modulus of subgrade  for each raft foundation panel.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

Message 14 of 17
puneet.gupta12

@Refaat thank you once again. I have already applied the foundation stiffness to the panels which will be blocked in vertical direction. In reality, the structure is supported on 9 vertical column, 8 Peripheral supports (including 4 at corners) and 1 at middle of structure. The arrangement is bolted and there is a huge clearance so these supports (9 supports), will only block structure movement in Vertical direction i.e. UZ=0. Accordingly, I have applied the foundation stiffness on these 9 panels. 

Additionally, there are four supports out of which each two supports will block structure in X and Y directions respectively. For that, I have linked the base plate of the supports to a common node using Rigid links and I applied supports on the common node accordingly. This structure and the boundary conditions is more or less identical to the original structure. Could you please now help if I am doing it correctly. Best regards, Puneet Gupta

Message 15 of 17

@Rafal.Gaweda @Krzysztof_Wasik  Could you please help on this topic. 

Message 16 of 17
Message 17 of 17
puneet.gupta12

Thanks to @Krzysztof_Wasik for the screencast. Elastic supports - reactions  and  Planar support.

@Refaat  thank you to you as well. I was finally able to follow your solution. @Rafal.Gaweda Thanks for your API. the next would be to implement your code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report