Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glass calculation.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RG124
322 Views, 3 Replies

Glass calculation.

I have a question.

First option. How to determine which support the robot considers in an aluminum construction, for glass (see file Glass in aluminum construction.rtd). Why is the deflection of the glass in this variant equal to 11.9 mm?

Glass in aluminum construction.jpg

In the second variant of glass without structure (see the file Glass without construction.rtd), the glass deflection is calculated as 18.8 mm. This is the correct calculation.

Glass without construction.jpg

What needs to be changed in the first option so that the calculation is correct, as in the second option? I know that in the second option the calculation is correct.

P.S.

I increased the sections of aluminum profiles and the deflection of the glass decreased. Why? How is the glass (plate) connected to the aluminum frame?

Glass in aluminum construction2.jpg

Reduced sections of aluminum profiles and increased glass deflection. Why? How is the glass (plate) connected to the aluminum frame?

Glass in aluminum construction3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Krzysztof_Wasik
in reply to: RG124

HI @RG124 

Default connection type between shell and beam is FIXED.

You can simulate pinned connection by linear releases definition on shell edges in model where shell is supported by beams.

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 4
RG124
in reply to: Krzysztof_Wasik

How to do? Show an example 🙏

Message 4 of 4
Simau
in reply to: RG124

@RG124 

As said by @Krzysztof_Wasik , create a linear release and apply it to the 4 edges

Release Rx.png

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report