Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing Longitudinal Stiffeners

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
natalierr
125 Views, 0 Replies

Failing Longitudinal Stiffeners

Hi,

I have been optimising a bridge design with the aim of reducing the mass of steel used.

I did this by considering the different parts of the bridge, e.g. hangers, arch etc and have now collated all of these optimised sections into one design.

All components are passing the safety tests, as expected, apart from the longitudinal stiffeners and a few transversal stiffeners.

I have done all I can think of - e.g. adding more hangers, increasing size/strength of stiffeners, adding more stiffeners... but the longitudinal stiffeners still have a very high utilisation ratio at the end of the deck with roller supports.

I know this is because the side with roller supports can move laterally, causing larger moments and therefore larger utilisation ratios under critical load cases - but I was hoping someone could help and suggest a way to stop these huge moments at this end of the bridge?

I am still a beginner in bridge design (an undergraduate trying to get to grips with it!), so after spending many days on this I thought it was best to seek some advice and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for any time or help,

Natalie

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report