Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elastic support and parameters of foundation elasticity

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tce6KGBS
295 Views, 4 Replies

Elastic support and parameters of foundation elasticity

Hey

I was looking for an answer on the forum but still i dont understand of the results with using elastic support or elastic parameter for foundation. I made the same structure (geometry, material, loads -> only vertical, mesh) and different kind of support. In the first case i used elastic support with kz=10 000 kN/m3 and in the second panel with kz=10 000 kN/m3. So in my opinion the results should be the same, but they arent. I attached the maps with deflection and Mxx. Can you explain me which of these results are correct ? 

Thanks for your help.

Baśka

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simau
in reply to: tce6KGBS

Hi @tce6KGBS 

Share Elastic and foundation parameters, or better share your model (zip it before)

M. Agayr
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
tce6KGBS
in reply to: Simau

@Simau The model in the attachement (but its just model for test). I noticed this problem in bigger model and now Im not convinced of its correctness. Can you tell me exactly how support with a support and with a panel works? 

Regards

Baśka 

Message 4 of 5
Rafacascudo

Your support must be created within the "planar" tab. and on that you have to unmark " constant elastic coef. at support node(click on Help button down below to understand why). Then ,delete all the supports and assign the new one to the base slab

Other than that also unmark RX

elastic.png

correct model attached

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
tce6KGBS

Now its understandable and the results look good 😁 Thank you a lot ! 

Baśka

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report