Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EC8 & Python code]

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
xroguiez
1179 Views, 25 Replies

[EC8 & Python code]

Hello
I am trying to transform VBA code into Python from the example provided here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-seismic-case-definition/m-p/33578...
But I can't access the GetAnalysisParams() methods :

caseEdX = structure.Cases.CreateSimple(6, "Ed+X",
RobotOM.IRobotCaseNature.I_CN_SEISMIC ,
RobotOM.IRobotCaseAnalizeType.I_CAT_DYNAMIC_SEISMIC)

num_EdX1 = caseEdX.GetSeismicCode #is empty
#doesn't work num_EdX1 = caseEdX.Records.New(RobotOM.IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params) #a validate
EC8params = caseEdX.GetAnalysisParams #is empty too

Can someone help me?
Thanks for any help

Xavier

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

-

Message 22 of 26

Hello

Thanks to @Stephane.kapetanovic and @JacquesGaudin for their solution.

One partial (not defintitive ?) solution they found is to :

• first set the environnement which is recongnize via the API in Python like that

Preferences.SetActiveCode(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS, "EN 1998-1:2004/A1:2013")​​

• make the settings for the parasismic case

EC8.Ag = 0.4
EC8.BehaviorFactor = 1
and so on...​​

• But I'm still unable to use the "NF EN 1998-1/NA:2013 DECEMBRE 2013" code in this context in Python.

Does anyone have an idea or tip ?

Thanks
Xavier

Message 23 of 26
JacquesGaudin
in reply to: xroguiez

@Romanich @xroguiez @okapawal @Rafal.Gaweda 

Would you be able to confirm whether "NF EN 1998-1/NA:2013 DECEMBRE 2013" is implemented in the API? It looks like it isn't, but hard to know without someone from Autodesk confirming.

Thanks.

Message 24 of 26
JacquesGaudin
in reply to: xroguiez

Hi @gwizdzm,

I hope you're well.

@xroguiez was trying to use the following code for seismic load "NF EN 1998-1/NA:2013 DECEMBRE 2013" and it seems that it isn't implemented in the API.

Would you be able to confirm whether it's already implemented or if we just need to be patient for a little while?

Thanks.

Jacques

Message 25 of 26
gwizdzm
in reply to: JacquesGaudin

Hi @JacquesGaudin 

At the moment I can't say when EC8 will be available via API. I'm sending your ask to person responsible for range of development in the next version. He will answer you soon but because of his days off, probably after New Year.

Best Regards

Michal

Message 26 of 26
JacquesGaudin
in reply to: gwizdzm

Thank you @gwizdzm for looking into this. It would be great to hear back from the person who's working on this. Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report