Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[EC8 & Python code]

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
xroguiez
1660 Views, 25 Replies

[EC8 & Python code]

Hello
I am trying to transform VBA code into Python from the example provided here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-seismic-case-definition/m-p/33578...
But I can't access the GetAnalysisParams() methods :

caseEdX = structure.Cases.CreateSimple(6, "Ed+X",
RobotOM.IRobotCaseNature.I_CN_SEISMIC ,
RobotOM.IRobotCaseAnalizeType.I_CAT_DYNAMIC_SEISMIC)

num_EdX1 = caseEdX.GetSeismicCode #is empty
#doesn't work num_EdX1 = caseEdX.Records.New(RobotOM.IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params) #a validate
EC8params = caseEdX.GetAnalysisParams #is empty too

Can someone help me?
Thanks for any help

Xavier

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Hi @xroguiez 

You must declare your variable types

Best regards 

Message 3 of 26

Hello

I agree with you but how to do it (in Python) ? I couldn't do it

Thanks

Xavier

Message 4 of 26

> To declare a variable

Variable = Type_of_Variable (Class / Interface)

Example:

thData = IRobotThicknessData

> To Cast

Variable_0 = Type_of_Variable(Variable_1)

b = 125.3
print(int(b))
Output

Example:

label = RobotLabel(labels.Create(IRobotLabelType.I_LT_PANEL_THICKNESS,"25mm"))

therefore, you must declare the types of variables when necessary and check the output types of the functions according to the variables types to perform the casts

Best Regards

Message 5 of 26
Message 6 of 26

Hi

Thank you for all your advice.

I took the example in the link on the first 4 lines

VBA Source :

Dim ECParams As RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params

Set EQLoad = Robapp.Project.Structure.Cases.CreateSimple(200, "EarthQuake+X", I_CN_SEISMIC, I_CAT_DYNAMIC_SEISMIC)
Set ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams
ECParams.Ag = Foglio2.Range("F9")

And then a partial version of Python transcription that works perfectly:

ECParams = RobotOM.RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params
ModalParams = RobotOM.RobotModalAnalysisParams
#I'm using different namespaces, but it's the same syntax
EQLoad = structure.Cases.CreateSimple(6, "Ed+X", 

The console proof, :

>>> dir(ECParams)
['Ag', 'B', 'BehaviorFactor', 'Direction', 'DirectionType', 'ExcitationDir', 'Filter', 'ResidualMode', 'S', 'Spectrum', 'Tb', 'Tc', 'Td', '__doc__', '__repr__']
dir(EQLoad)
['AnalizeType', 'CreateObjRef', 'Equals', 'GetAnalysisParams', 'GetHashCode', 'GetLifetimeService', 'GetSeismicCode', 'GetType', 'InitializeLifetimeService', 'IsAuxiliary', 'MainMode', 'MemberwiseClone', 'ModesCount', 'Name', 'Nature', 'NatureName', 'Number', 'Records', 'ReferenceEquals', 'SetAnalysisParams', 'SetNatureExt', 'TimeStepCount', 'ToString', 'Type', 'UniqueId', 'UserId', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'label']

But the next point is completely blocking, i don't understand how to cast :, in this attempt, the intial variable is erasing

#### here is my main cast problem...
ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams
>>> ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams
>>> dir(ECParams)
['Equals', 'GetHashCode', 'GetType', 'MemberwiseClone', 'ReferenceEquals', 'ToString', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__']

Another clumsy attempt :

>>> EQLoad.SetAnalysisParams(ECParams)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: Le cast spécifié n'est pas valide.
>>> EQLoad.SetAnalysisParams(ECParams())
TypeError: Cannot create instances of RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params because it is abstract
>>> ECParams.Ag = 1.
AttributeError: static property 'Ag' of 'IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params' can only be assigned to through a type, not an instance

To be honest, i don't know in this how to cast it ? Could you help me ?

Thanks for all

Xavier

Message 7 of 26

How did you define EQLoad ?  EQLoad = RobotSimpleCase ?

Message 8 of 26
xroguiez
in reply to: xroguiez

Hi again

Anothers attempts of casting :

>>> ECParams = RobotOM.IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params(caseEdX.GetAnalysis())
AttributeError: attribute 'IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params' of 'namespace#' object is read-only
>>> ECParams = RobotOM.RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params(caseEdX.GetAnalysis)
AttributeError: attribute 'RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params' of 'namespace#' object is read-only

The thing i don't really understand is the main difference between the two path... for the modal load, it's works :

caseMod = loads.CreateSimple(5, "Modale", 
                                RobotOM.IRobotCaseNature.I_CN_EXPLOATATION ,
                                RobotOM.IRobotCaseAnalizeType.I_CAT_DYNAMIC_MODAL)
num_Mod1 = caseMod.Records.New(RobotOM.IRobotLoadRecordType.I_LRT_SPECTRUM_VALUE) #a valider
#loadRec = caseMod.Records.Get(num_Mod) #pas utile ici on l'applique au projet
modParams = caseMod.GetAnalysisParams()
modParams.Mode = RobotOM.IRobotModalAnalysisMode.I_MAM_MODAL
modParams.ModesCount = 50
modParams.Damping = 5e-2
caseMod.SetAnalysisParams(modParams)

These commands worked in Robot for the modal analysis and not for the seismic analysis

Xavier

Message 9 of 26

Hello

Like this ?

Is it right ?

Xavier

Message 10 of 26
xroguiez

Hi

I've used the following shortcuts

robApp.Project.New(RobotOM.IRobotProjectType.I_PT_SHELL)

project = robApp.Project
## IRobotStructure

structure = project.Structure  #IRobotStructure
Message 11 of 26

Before answer to other post

Code fail ↓

ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams

3 possible reasons :

- EcParams not defined as IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params type

- EqLoad not defined as a RobotSimpleCase type

EQLoad = RobotSimpleCase

- Try also

ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams()

try to set preferences by SetActiveCode function as explain by cris.bac

there is also a remarks by Rafal Gaweda in your link

aaa = RCase.GetSeismicCode ' this is check only line, for EC codes there is no name returned here

'RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_Params refers to ENV 1998-1-1:1994 DAN francaise, which is currently unused - if you are interested I can tell you how to enable this unused code

Best regards

Message 12 of 26

Hello

Thanks again for your help

If I understand correctly for the first point, it works for me ?

>>> ECParams = RobotOM.RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params

- EcParams not defined as IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC_8_General_Params type, it seems to be right ?

>>> dir(ECParams)
['Ag', 'B', 'BehaviorFactor', 'Direction', 'DirectionType', 'ExcitationDir', 'Filter', 'ResidualMode', 'S', 'Spectrum', 'Tb', 'Tc', 'Td', '__doc__', '__repr__']

- EqLoad not defined as a RobotSimpleCase type, same conclusion ?

>>> EQLoad = RobotOM.RobotSimpleCase
>>> dir(EQLoad)
['AnalizeType', 'CreateObjRef', 'Equals', 'GetAnalysisParams', 'GetHashCode', 'GetLifetimeService', 'GetSeismicCode', 'GetType', 'InitializeLifetimeService', 'IsAuxiliary', 'MainMode', 'MemberwiseClone', 'ModesCount', 'Name', 'Nature', 'NatureName', 'Number', 'Records', 'ReferenceEquals', 'SetAnalysisParams', 'SetNatureExt', 'TimeStepCount', 'ToString', 'Type', 'UniqueId', 'UserId', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'label']
>>> EQLoad = structure.Cases.CreateSimple(inumC, "Ed+X",
... RobotOM.IRobotCaseNature.I_CN_SEISMIC ,
... RobotOM.IRobotCaseAnalizeType.I_CAT_DYNAMIC_SEISMIC)
>>> dir(EQLoad)

-Try Also

Attempt 1 :the structure of ECParams has been deleted

>>> ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams
>>> dir(ECParams)
['Equals', 'GetHashCode', 'GetType', 'MemberwiseClone', 'ReferenceEquals', 'ToString', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__']

Attempt 2 :the structure of ECParams has also been deleted

>>> ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams()
>>> dir(ECParams)

Attempt 3 : the structure of ECParams has also been deleted

>>> aaa = EQLoad.GetSeismicCode
>>> ECParams = EQLoad.GetAnalysisParams()
>>> dir(ECParams)

Thanks for all

Xavier

Message 13 of 26

Is that works ? 

could you write the correct integral sequence ?

Attempt 1, 2, 3 not working ? 

Message 14 of 26

Hello

Sorry it doesn't works.

But what do you mean with the integral sequence ? I've posted all the code and the console return

Xavier

Message 15 of 26

yes all code in one thread please to resume because it's hard to follow for @JacquesGaudin, @cool.stuff, @1234eddie, @Rafal.Gaweda, @napooil.

Is this conclusion still true? with Python ? 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-seismic-case-definition/m-p/33578...

Message 16 of 26

Hello

Sorry for this stream of unstructured information. I put everything in a single script ECM.txt (extension is not accepted). Is it ok ?

I'm running the script in IronPython2.7.12 and with Robot 2023. Do you have a solution to set the seismic parameters ?

Thanks for all

Xavier

Message 17 of 26
JacquesGaudin

With the line below, you can make sure that you are using the right default:

Robapp.Project.Preferences.SetActiveCode(I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS, "EN 1998-1:2004/A1:2013-General")

The type of seismic params depends on this setting. If you put this line before defining the seismic load case, you should get the correct type of params.

Note: In Python, you need the brackets to call a function. Without brackets, you are referring to the function / method object.

Message 18 of 26

To obtain codes numbers and names

Preferences = RobotOM.RobotProjectPreferences
Preferences = robApp.Project.Preferences
#Preferences.SetActiveCodeNumber(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS, 000)
#Preferences.SetActiveCode(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS, "XXX")
CodeNumber = Preferences.GetActiveCodeNumber(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS)
      Code = Preferences.GetActiveCode(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS)

Table (to be continued) to match seismic codes and Params

# Nbr ! Code                                          ! Params
# ----+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
# 136 : "EN 1998-1:2004/A1:2013"                      ! RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_Params
# 137 : "EuroCode 8 2003 (General)"                   ! RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params
# 137 : "EN 1998-1:2004/A1:2013-General"              ! RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params
# 148 : "NF EN 1998-1/NA:2007 19.juil.2011"           ! ???
# 162 : "NF EN 1998-1/NA:2013 DÉCEMBRE 2013"          ! ???
# 163 : "NF EN 1998-1/Nice PPR/NA:2007 19 juil. 2011" ! ???
# TBC :                                               ! 

Tags (2)
Message 19 of 26

Hi

Here are the 2 codes I got

>>> preferences = robApp.Project.Preferences
>>> CodeNumber = preferences.GetActiveCodeNumber(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS)
>>> Code = preferences.GetActiveCode(RobotOM.IRobotCodeType.I_CT_SEISMIC_LOADS)
>>> print(CodeNumber, Code)
(162, u'NF EN 1998-1/NA:2013 D\xc9CEMBRE 2013')

I was not able to access the objects by trying the 2 methods

>>> EC8 = RobotOM.RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params
>>> EC8.BehaviorFactor = 1.
AttributeError: static property 'BehaviorFactor' of 'IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_General_Params' can only be assigned to through a type, not an instance
>>> EC8 = RobotOM.RobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_Params
>>> EC8.BehaviorFactor = 1.
AttributeError: static property 'BehaviorFactor' of 'IRobotSeismicAnalysis_EC8_Params' can only be assigned to through a type, not an instance

Thanks for any help

Xavier

Message 20 of 26

as indicated in the correspondence table, code 162 does not seem to have a functional interface among the three available

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report