Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing Conc Slab but no load effects in results???

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
835 Views, 7 Replies

Designing Conc Slab but no load effects in results???

Hi there, 

I am currently trying to design a concrete slab for a foundation to some access steps. The slab is 5.3m long x 2.75m wide and 0.35m thick. 

The longest left hand edge is tied into a contiguous pile wall whereas the other longest edge is supported on two mini piles which are 0.7m from the edge of the slab. 

The loads which the slab must resist are: 5kN/m2 for Pedestrian Live Load, 36kN/m2 for Imposed load from fill material and 12.5kN/m2 Imposed load from the concrete steps (plus its self weight) 

I have created my model (attached) using a Plate Design and ran through the slab creation wizard. I have imputed all the relevant data and run the analysis but the results show no load effect whatsoever??

Can somebody tell me where I am going wrong please? 

Regards

David

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

I have imputed all the relevant data and run the analysis but the results show no load effect whatsoever??

What do you mean by that?

Example results from your file:

results.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

The maps show how I expect the slab to react but the results do not give any values. Try clicking on >Results>Displacements or >Reactions, they all have zero results
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

The maps show how I expect the slab to react but try clicking when I enter the >Results Diagrams mode and click ALL forces, it gives a zero result??

Message 5 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Diagrams are for bar elements only (beams, columns etc.). The values for surfaces are accessible as maps or in the table (REsults > Plate and Shell results). In addition for displacements you may want to increase the precision of the display of their values

precision of display.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8

displcements.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ah right, I see. I am new to Robot and trying to self teach! (the manual I have isn't very clear)

Many thanks for your help and swift reply.

David

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report