Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section incorrect, but stresses are ok.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
389 Views, 1 Reply

Cross section incorrect, but stresses are ok.

Hi,

The issue is probably something very basic but I can't really understand what it is. In this structure, some of the beams are labeled as "incorrect" by the stress ratio (as for example for beam 3), but looking at the the results and at the result notes, the stresses are quite ok, and they are comfortably below the allowable stresses, do you know what the problem might be? Please look at the attached file, I don't think the issue would be understandable looking at images only.

P.S

It is a wood structure.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Still, I am really curious to see what the probem might be on this file, and why even if the stresses are ok the section isn't. Nevertheless, I found out the panels on the central portals are not connected correctly on the perimeter, that might have been be the problem.

cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report