Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core Wall vs Shear Wall

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1556 Views, 1 Reply

Core Wall vs Shear Wall

Hello,

I have an issue with core wall results

If you check the internal forces for the walls separately, you'll find out that the moments on walls are within an average of 1500 kN.m , and the shear is around 700 kN. Also, when you design the wall using the provided design tool, you'll find that the Robot took the same internal forces.

However, when you check the results for the core wall, you'll find higher internal forces (more than 6 times the average for one wall).

My questions are :

- Is it necessary to change the structural wall to core wall ?

- what's the difference in results between core wall and normal shear wall?

The following pictures show the model and the results

Core wall Max. Fz Axial load.PNGCore wall Max. Mx.PNGCore wall Max. My.PNGCore wall Max. Shear load Fy.PNGIntrnal forces used to design wall by robot.PNGPanel No. 625.PNGResults for core walls.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

You may think about a core wall being a cantilever bar element with displayed bending moment diagram which is based on the values obtained for each of the panels defining the core wall.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report