Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Walls On Steel Beams

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
632 Views, 3 Replies

Concrete Walls On Steel Beams

Hi,

I have building of mixed materials (RC, Precast and Steel).

The cores are RC and we have a Steel truss spanning between, the truss is supporting Precast planks and walls.

I have been using another software and I have encountered an issue where the Precast walls are not transferring their load to the truss below they are spanning/hanging between the cores and in effect the truss is redundant. 

If we switch to using Robot Structural Analysis do we have the ability to mesh the steel and precast together to generate the correct load transfer?

Many Thanks

Paul 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Anonymous

Most probably yes. It would be better if you can provide a sketch explaining exactly what you want , or even the Robot model ,if you already have one

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Hi Rafael, Please see attached rough sketch showing the intent. I do not have a Robot model yet as I have not decided to go down that route just yet. Regards Paul
Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I'm not sure if the picture shows what was wrong in the other program ('I have been using another software and I have encountered an issue where the Precast walls are not transferring their load to the truss below they are spanning/hanging between the cores and in effect the truss is redundant') or what you want to achieve (no load/limited transfer to the truss). 

Mind that the precast wall will not deform if you place them on the upper chord and mesh then via common nodes they will be acting as if the truss was suspend to them rather than support them. I'd consider using linear releases (or shot bars with releases) to connect the precast walls to cores (no vertical load transfer) and connection of the bottom edge of the wall to the truss via short (possibly compression only) bars as well.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report